Wind and Solar Audit Engineer
We are hiring several Technical and Audit Engineers in France, Iberia (Spain and Portugal), Nordics (Sweden, Finland, Norway) and UK or Ireland to reinforce our Wind, Solar and Battery Storage Technical Advisory Services.
The Wind and Solar Audit Engineers are instrumental in the future growth of WPO. Responsible for growing the department’s customer portfolio, customer loyalty and increasing business volume, in compliance with the commercial policy defined by the Management.
The Wind and Solar Audit Engineer carries out technical audits and advises clients post inspection. The main responsibilities for the role are:
- Support in the identification of business opportunities, growing the department
- Audit and technical, administrative and/or economic advisory projects relating to renewable energy production developments or assets, in particular wind and solar at all stages of their lifecycle including development, construction, operation or dismantling phase, including in particular;
- The exhaustive and systematic control of all the data available in the data room according to the agreed program
- The review of infrastructure design and electrical design of wind turbines (including in particular the review of foundation design, the review of geotechnical and hydrogeological studies)
- The review of environmental and acoustic studies (pre or post construction)
- The review of production studies (pre or post construction)
- The business plan review
- Review of connection conditions
- Contractual reviews (equipment supply contract, construction contract, maintenance contract, technical and commercial management contract, aggregation contract, etc.)
- Negotiation of the technical and commercial aspects of contracts on behalf of clients; Organisation of tenders on behalf of customers, with a view to contract negotiation
- The production of reports on time and written in either English or French and, where appropriate, any other language mastered in a professional capacity.
- Carry out sectoral, technical and commercial reviews, enabling the WPO to remain at the forefront of current events and good practices;
- Occasionally, the Wind and Solar Audit Engineer may be temporarily seconded to the clients’ teams and/or premises;
- Be the regular, available and helpful contact of customers and their other service providers (developers, turbine manufacturers, network managers, technical service providers, legal, financial, accounting, technical and administrative managers, lending banks, insurance companies, etc.).
- Candidates must have a degree in a relevant Engineering or Technical area
- At least 5 years post graduate experience within the renewables industry (including wind and photovoltaic)
- A network in renewable energies, including wind and photovoltaic
- Experience in the technical and economic aspects of projects is required.
- Fluent French/English is essential including an excellent report writing quality
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Autonomy, rigor and responsiveness
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Travelling to sites will be a requirement for this role so candidates must hold a full and clean driving licence.
Experience in renewable energy project development (wind and photovoltaic), renewable energy project construction and project finance is a plus.
The successful candidate will have plenty of opportunities for development and benefit from our flexible environment and excellent high added value projects.