The WPO Group is an independent European platform of renewable energy expert-services. Our clients are asset owners, investors, lenders and insurers. By providing asset management services on 3GW of wind and solar sites with a capital value of €4bn generating €750m of electricity sales annually, WPO is the market leader in France, UK, Ireland and Sweden. Our integrated service offering also includes technical due-diligence, asset inspections, testing and insurance brokerage. WPO currently operates across 11 European countries through 32 offices or service points.
Due to a recent increase in clients, we are looking to grow our talented Spanish finance team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a supportive environment where you will have responsibility for managing a growing finance team in a dynamic industry.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Financial Controller role will work closely alongside a small management team and be instrumental in supporting the financial and commercial management of key portfolios of Spanish clients. The successful candidate will join WPO’s client-service finance team and will be responsible for overseeing financial, commercial and reporting aspects on clients’ renewable assets.
To apply, you must have strong technical finance skills with extensive experience of Spanish GAAP and tax rules. The successful candidate will be a commercially strong management accountant with significant experience of direct stakeholder reporting in an SME environment. Due to the nature of our work, candidates with experience in client-facing roles or who can demonstrate stakeholder management will be at a distinct advantage.
Key tasks/ duties
- Managing a growing finance team
- Managing Seniors Accountants and Accountants – managing the team’s deliverables & personal development, coaching them to develop their technical and commercial accounting skills
- Reporting to the CFO
- Being key contact point and relationship manager with outsourced accounting and tax advisers
- Maintaining and improving financial processes, reporting and controls
- Accountable for Spanish financial control environment – within Group-wide policies and systems
- Coordinating the local statutory audits and Group audit component
- Reviewing monthly Spanish reports and annual budgets & Cash Flow
- Managing treasury processes.
- The Financial Controller will also oversee and support the rest of Finance team to ensure that the following activities are properly performed across all Spanish entities
- Experience in the energy sector, industrial company or similar industry
- Strong technical finance skills and hands-on experience in Spanish GAAP, and tax.
- Strong project management skills – to project manage the audit, external providers.
- Good understanding of financial systems, SAP
- Candidates who are biling