The WPO Group is an independent European platform of renewable energy expert-services. Our clients are asset owners, investors, lenders and insurers. By providing asset management services on 5GW of wind and solar sites with a capital value of €7bn generating €900m of electricity sales annually, WPO is a market leader in France, UK, Ireland and Sweden. Our integrated service offering also includes technical due-diligence, asset inspections, testing and insurance brokerage. WPO currently operates across 10 European countries through 27offices or service point.
Responsible for the technical operation and management of wind farms/solar parks in the UK and Ireland. Working in a small team of Engineers you will be responsible for a number of wind farms/solar parks ensuring that our clients achieve maximum output. Working closely with other internal departments such as Health and Safety and Site Services you will assist in carrying out technical inspections, maintain contractual relationships with various service providers and ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements
To apply, you must be educated to at least degree level in a relevant Engineering or Technical area. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail as producing reports, data gathering and continuous monitoring of sites need to be accurate at all times. Ideally, you will also have relevant wind/solar industry experience however, this is not essential. All WPO employees are eligible for life assurance, private healthcare, pension and 25 days annual leave
All WPO employees are eligible for life assurance, private healthcare, pension and 25 days annual leave.
• Working with all parties to ensure that contractual obligations are fulfilled on a day-to-day basis
• Liaison with technical services teams to ascertain the cause failures, response times and works undertaken
• Keeping all appropriate records of operations and maintenance activities on site
• Compiling and verifying accurate monthly operations reports for presentation to the customer (wind farm/solar owner)
• Developing systems and procedures to ensure asset optimisation
• Liaison with & reporting to clients and asset owners.
Duties also include, but are not limited to:
• Data gathering, distribution and proactive monitoring of operating sites in conjunction with other team members
• Daily Reporting & Monitoring
• Performance, Downtime and Availability Analysis
• Prepare & issue Preliminary Reports, help train others to compile these report
• Prepare & issue Monthly Reports, help train others to compile these reports
• Follow up any performance issues
• Obtain all current service/maintenance records
• Maintain site activity records
• Monthly & annual availability performance and any subsequent claims
• Reacting to alarms from monitoring systems and reporting all concerns raised by proactive monitoring and the general operation/maintenance to both the owner and the maintainer as appropriate
• Work with site/field based staff including WPO Site Managers in the organisation of repairs/statutory inspections as appropriate
• Maintaining a calendar of servicing plans, weekly movements, statutory inspections etc.
You must have excellent attention to detail as producing reports, data gathering and continuous monitoring of sites need to be accurate at all times. You’ll be working in a small team within a fast paced environment, so having a good sense of humour and being able to work in an organised manner is a key requirement.
You must be qualified to at least Degree level in a relevant Engineering / Technical area. Travelling to sites will be a requirement of this role so you will need to hold a current, full drivers licence.
A proven record of accomplishment and experience from within the renewable industry, especially wind power /solar energy will be highly advantageous.