Home-based position at the closest cities/towns to Trattberget wind farm
(Solberg, Örnsköldsviks municipality for example)
The WPO Group is an independent European platform of renewable energy expert-services. Our clients are asset owners, investors, lenders and insurers. By providing asset management services on 5GW of wind and solar sites, WPO is the market leader in France, UK, Ireland and Sweden. Our integrated service offering also includes technical due-diligence, asset inspections, testing and insurance brokerage. WPO currently operates across 10 European countries through 27 offices or service points.
Responsibility for ensuring day-to-day safe, reliable & fit-for-purpose operational management of our sites on behalf of our customers. This includes overseeing the operations and maintenance of all renewable power generation operating assets. As this role operates across a wide geography, occasional overnight stays are required. You manage your own schedules.
Ideally educated to at least degree level in a relevant Technical area, you have excellent attention to detail as producing reports, data gathering and continuous monitoring of sites need to be accurate at all times. Ideally, you also have relevant wind industry experience. You are also a confident user of IT with the ability to record and interpret SCADA data an essential requirement. As you work largely independently, you are able to demonstrate the ability to manage your own workload, juggling multiple priorities and stakeholders. To apply you must have a full and clean driving licence.
All WPO employees are eligible for life insurance, private healthcare, company pension and 25 days annual leave.
Your general duties include, but are not limited to:
• Proactive monitoring of operating sites
• Helping to ensure Health & Safety compliance throughout each wind farm site according to WPO policies, procedures and Industry best practices.
• Carrying out regular visual inspections of turbines (including nacelle/hub) and other site equipment and infrastructure.
• Providing appropriate co-ordination of site activities when there are several contractors/service-providers on site.
• Following up on any operational performance issues.
• Following up on any contractor or service-provider performance issues.
• Obtaining all current service/maintenance records.
• Monitoring and/or maintaining site activity records.
• Daily monitoring of SCADA logs, categorizing downtime.
• Calculating monthly & annual availability performance and assisting with any subsequent claims.
• Producing operations reports, inspections reports, etc.
• Organizing repairs/statutory inspections as appropriate.
• Maintaining a calendar of servicing plans, weekly movements, statutory inspections etc.
• Playing a proactive role in further developing good working relationships with customers and any other 3rd parties involved in the operation of the wind farm, in particular landowners, neighbors & local authorities, etc.
• Working with all parties to ensure that contractual obligations are fulfilled on site on a day to day basis.
• Appropriate experience gained in the wind sector
• Working at heights and first aid training
• Excellent attention to detail as producing reports, data gathering and continuous monitoring of sites need to be accurate at all times
• Excellent organisation skills, working to strict deadlines, Proactive approach
• Worked in an IT environment and can provide insight and know how to improve processes.
You are qualified to at least Degree level in a relevant Technical area.
Travelling to sites is a requirement of this role so you need to hold a current, full drivers licence.
Dependant on experience and skills.