This role has responsibility for ensuring the day-to-day, safe, reliable and fit for purpose operational and contractual management of wind farms in Ireland. With responsibility for a small team of Site Service Coordinators, you will ensure HSE compliance for each wind farm, carrying out regular visual inspections and providing appropriate coordination of site activities as required. Additionally you will be responsible for providing accurate client reports including availability and performance on a monthly basis and ad hoc reports as required.
To apply you must have a degree in an engineering discipline and ideally a postgraduate diploma in a related area. The successful candidate will have significant proven ability within the wind industry, for example having worked as a qualified wind turbine “Approved Technician” (as defined in WTSRs) with appropriate experience gained with a major player in the wind sector. It is essential that candidates have strong IT skills with experience of interpreting and recording SCADA data from the turbines and the use of alarm logs etc. to maintain an accurate report for our clients. Additionally you will have experience of managing and motivating a small team.
All WPO employees are eligible for life assurance, private healthcare, pension and 25 days annual leave.
Day to day safe, reliable & fit-for-purpose operational management of wind farms.
The Site Services Manager reports to the Technical Support Manager (UK and Ireland) and works within the WPO Technical Management Services team to manage wind farms in Ireland on behalf of our customers.
Scope of Responsibility includes
The general duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring that in-country quality management is fully compliant with WPO standards at all times with support and governance from the HSQE department
• Managing in-country Site Coordinators placed under his line management, with support of the HRS department
• Proactive monitoring of operating sites
• Ensuring Health & Safety compliance throughout each wind farm site according to WPO policies, procedures and Industry best practices
• Carrying out regular visual inspections of turbines (including nacelle/hub) and other site equipment and infrastructure
• Providing appropriate co-ordination of site activities when there are several contractors/service-providers on site
• Following up on any operational performance issues
• Following up on any contractor or service-provider performance issues
• Obtaining all current service/maintenance records
• Monitoring and/or maintaining site activity records
• Daily monitoring of SCADA logs, categorizing downtime
• Calculating monthly & annual availability performance and assisting with any subsequent claims
• Producing operations reports, inspections reports, etc.
• Organising repairs/statutory inspections as appropriate
• Maintaining a calendar of servicing plans, weekly movements, statutory inspections etc.
• Playing a proactive role in further developing good working relationships with customers and any other 3rd parties involved in the operation of the wind farm, in particular landowners, neighbors & local authorities, etc.
• Working with all parties to ensure that contractual obligations are fulfilled on site on a day to day basis
• Hold a degree or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline, ideally you will hold a post graduate diploma in a related discipline
• Significant proven ability within the wind industry, for example having worked as a qualified wind turbine “Approved Technician” (as defined in WTSRs) with appropriate experience gained with a major player in the wind sector.
• Experience of managing a small team
• Working at heights and first aid certified (ideally still current).
• Experience of interpreting and recording SCADA data from the turbines and use the alarm logs etc. to maintain an accurate report for our clients.
• Organisation skills
Job Type: Full-time
La mission principale du Responsable d’Exploitation-Support Clients Contrats et Assurances est de s’assurer qu’un service de qualité est constamment offert aux clients selon les prescriptions des contrats engageant l’entreprise.
Le Responsable d’Exploitation-Support Clients Contrats et Assurances intervient sur les missions suivantes :
Bac+5, double diplôme ingénierie/assurances, ingénierie/Management des risques, ingénierie/juridique
Une expérience sur des problématiques similaires est nécessaire.
The WPO Group is an independent European platform of renewable energy expert-services. Our clients are asset owners, investors, lenders and insurers. By providing asset management services on 3GW of wind and solar sites with a capital value of €4bn generating €750m of electricity sales annually, WPO is the market leader in France, UK, Ireland and Sweden. Our integrated service offering also includes technical due-diligence, asset inspections, testing and insurance brokerage. WPO currently operates across 9 European countries through 24 offices or service points.
We are looking for a Commercial Analyst to join our dynamic Sales and Business Development team based in the UK (Bramhall). This is a great opportunity to be part of a successful and growing renewables business. With primary responsibility for supporting sales of services across the Group, as well as related contracting and data capture processes, the successful candidate will be involved in the full project life cycle from initial enquiry and quotation to order to delivery including after sales and the recovery of invoices.
To apply, you must have either a degree in engineering, business or a law-related discipline and have a keen interest in marketing and sales support. With a keen eye for detail, the successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and understand basic engineering and technical concepts. Previous experience working in the renewable energy industry is preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel and Word) is essential.
Reporting to the Commercial Engineer based in Paris and supporting the work of several WPO offices across Europe, you will be required to travel between office locations and client sites from time to time. Candidates with written and spoken fluency in both English and French would be at a distinct advantage.
All WPO employees are eligible for life assurance, private healthcare, contributory pension scheme and 25 days annual leave.
The role is split into four main parts:
The Commercial Analyst will collaborate with the sales and technical teams to prepare proposals in line with client expectations and specifications. The calculation of the cost of services and follow-up on and tracking of proposal progress will also be key responsibilities. The Commercial Analyst will be involved in the design and delivery of sales presentations over time.
Additionally, you will actively be involved in generating revenue identifying sales opportunities and providing proactive sales delivery.
Working closely with the sales and finance departments, the Commercial Analyst will be responsible for invoicing the services provided by WPO.
The Commercial Analyst will be primarily responsible for recording sales and contract-related
information in the relevant databases. In addition, the Commercial Analyst will be expected to assist
in the constant improvement of such databases and other tools used by the team.
The Commercial Analyst will support the business by identifying and providing useful and relevant
market insight and analysis both on a periodic and ad-hoc basis to increase business performance
Responsibility for assisting in the development of company brochures and the improvement of
marketing tools, organisation and coordination of business events and the drafting of press releases
concerning WPO activity.
This role may be involved in other Sales and Business Development tasks as required.
The WPO Group is an independent European platform of renewable energy expert-services. Our clients are asset owners, investors, lenders and insurers. By providing asset management services on 3GW of wind and solar sites with a capital value of €4bn generating €750m of electricity sales annually, WPO is the market leader in France, UK, Ireland and Sweden. Our integrated service offering also includes technical due-diligence, asset inspections, testing and insurance brokerage. WPO currently operates across 9 European countries through 27 offices or service points.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our talented team in Bramhall, Greater Manchester.
As the Technical Support Manager for UK & Ireland you will have overall responsibility for the delivery of our technical services on a large portfolio of client Wind Farms throughout the UK and Ireland. Acting as a source of technical expertise you will manage and provide clear leadership to a team of 6 Engineers and 9 site services personnel ensuring that WPO technical service delivery is managed safely and reliably in accordance with our Management Service Agreements (MSAs) and best industry practice.
This includes but is not limited to:
To apply, you will be educated to at least degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant Engineering or Technical area and have significant experience of working in Wind Farm operations and maintenance. Additionally, you will have at least 5 years’ experience of successfully managing a team and demonstrable leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop.
We offer competitive salaries alongside excellent benefits including contributory pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days holiday and life assurance.
To apply, please send your CV to Laura Moore, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org