We have a requirement for a Site Manager to join our busy team looking after wind farms in Central-northern Sweden. The successful candidate will need to be located in or near Umeå or Örnsköldsvik which is within reach of one of our largest sites. This role has responsibility for ensuring day-to-day safe, reliable & fit-for-purpose operational management of our sites on behalf of our customers. This includes overseeing the operations and maintenance of all renewable power generation operating assets. As this role operates across a wide geography, occasional overnight stays will be required. You will manage your own schedules.
To apply, you are ideally educated to at least degree level in a relevant Engineering or Technical area. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail as producing reports, data gathering and continuous monitoring of sites need to be accurate at all times. Ideally, you will also have relevant wind industry experience. You must also be a confident user of IT with the ability to record and interpret SCADA data an essential requirement. As you will work largely independently, you must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage your own workload, juggling multiple priorities and stakeholders. You must have a full and clean driving licence.
All WPO employees are eligible for life insurance, private healthcare, company pension and 25 days annual leave.
Your general duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Proactive monitoring of operating sites
• Helping to ensure Health & Safety compliance throughout each wind farm site according to WPO policies, procedures and Industry best practices.
• Carrying out regular visual inspections of turbines (including nacelle/hub) and other site equipment and infrastructure.
• Providing appropriate co-ordination of site activities when there are several contractors/service-providers on site.
• Following up on any operational performance issues.
• Following up on any contractor or service-provider performance issues.
• Obtaining all current service/maintenance records.
• Monitoring and/or maintaining site activity records.
• Daily monitoring of SCADA logs, categorizing downtime.
• Calculating monthly & annual availability performance and assisting with any subsequent claims.
• Producing operations reports, inspections reports, etc.
• Organizing repairs/statutory inspections as appropriate.
• Maintaining a calendar of servicing plans, weekly movements, statutory inspections etc.
• Playing a proactive role in further developing good working relationships with customers and any other 3rd parties involved in the operation of the wind farm, in particular landowners, neighbors & local authorities, etc.
• Working with all parties to ensure that contractual obligations are fulfilled on site on a day to day basis.
• Candidates have appropriate experience gained in the wind sector.
• Working at heights and first aid training.
• You must have excellent attention to detail as producing reports, data gathering and continuous monitoring of sites need to be accurate at all times.
• Excellent organisation skills, working to strict deadlines, Proactive approach.
• Worked in a IT environment and can provide insight and know how to improve processes.
• Hold a degree or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline, ideally you will hold a post graduate diploma in a related discipline
• Significant proven ability within the wind industry, for example having worked as a qualified wind turbine “Approved Technician” (as defined in WTSRs) with appropriate experience gained with a major player in the wind sector.
• Experience of managing a small team
• Working at heights and first aid certified (ideally still current).
• Experience of interpreting and recording SCADA data from the turbines and use the alarm logs etc. to maintain an accurate report for our clients.
• Organisation skills
Job Type: Full-time