To apply, you must be IT literate and have excellent communication skills as the role is the first point of contact within WPO. Additionally, you must be interested in renewables and be keen to learn. Candidates with a knowledge of wind energy would be at a distinct advantage, however full on the job training will be provided. Finally, it is essential that applicants must be comfortable with working nights and weekends as this is part of the shift arrangement.
• Operation and continual development of the Operational Control Systems
• Transfer of Control of the Wind Turbine Generator Plant and/or LV Apparatus
• Ensure that only Competent Persons are approved and permitted for working on the Wind Farm
• Ensure that required H&S documentation is in place and recorded by OC for all on site work prior to commencement
• Act as Emergency contact on all Operational sites in the event of an Emergency
• Control work orders for routine and non-routine turbine work
• Assist the H&S Department to ensure that training records and medical records are up to date
• Assist the H&S Department in the organisation and compilation of site safety documentation
• IT literate (confidence with basic functions in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word)
• Customer Service experience, ideally gained from a telephone-based role
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) - Fluent English
• Health and Safety qualification (e.g. IOSH Managing Safely) or experience would be advantageous
• Experience of and a willingness to work shifts / non routine hours including weekends
• Shift working, including weekends, will be involved as the cover is required 24hrs per day every day
• Salary up to £25,000
• Contributory Pension Scheme + Life Assurance Plan
• Private healthcare, 25 days annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays).
• Fantastic career progression – Opportunity to work within an industry leading organisation.
To apply, please send an updated CV and cover letter to our Operational Control Manager Peter.Wood@WPO.EU.
Closing date 27.09.2019.