This role has responsibility for ensuring the day-to-day, safe, reliable and fit for purpose operational and contractual management of wind farms in Ireland. With responsibility for a small team of Site Service Coordinators, you will ensure HSE compliance for each wind farm, carrying out regular visual inspections and providing appropriate coordination of site activities as required. Additionally you will be responsible for providing accurate client reports including availability and performance on a monthly basis and ad hoc reports as required.
To apply you must have a degree in an engineering discipline and ideally a postgraduate diploma in a related area. The successful candidate will have significant proven ability within the wind industry, for example having worked as a qualified wind turbine “Approved Technician” (as defined in WTSRs) with appropriate experience gained with a major player in the wind sector. It is essential that candidates have strong IT skills with experience of interpreting and recording SCADA data from the turbines and the use of alarm logs etc. to maintain an accurate report for our clients. Additionally you will have experience of managing and motivating a small team.
All WPO employees are eligible for life assurance, private healthcare, pension and 25 days annual leave.
Day to day safe, reliable & fit-for-purpose operational management of wind farms.
The Site Services Manager reports to the Technical Support Manager (UK and Ireland) and works within the WPO Technical Management Services team to manage wind farms in Ireland on behalf of our customers.
Scope of Responsibility includes
The general duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring that in-country quality management is fully compliant with WPO standards at all times with support and governance from the HSQE department
• Managing in-country Site Coordinators placed under his line management, with support of the HRS department
• Proactive monitoring of operating sites
• Ensuring Health & Safety compliance throughout each wind farm site according to WPO policies, procedures and Industry best practices
• Carrying out regular visual inspections of turbines (including nacelle/hub) and other site equipment and infrastructure
• Providing appropriate co-ordination of site activities when there are several contractors/service-providers on site
• Following up on any operational performance issues
• Following up on any contractor or service-provider performance issues
• Obtaining all current service/maintenance records
• Monitoring and/or maintaining site activity records
• Daily monitoring of SCADA logs, categorizing downtime
• Calculating monthly & annual availability performance and assisting with any subsequent claims
• Producing operations reports, inspections reports, etc.
• Organising repairs/statutory inspections as appropriate
• Maintaining a calendar of servicing plans, weekly movements, statutory inspections etc.
• Playing a proactive role in further developing good working relationships with customers and any other 3rd parties involved in the operation of the wind farm, in particular landowners, neighbors & local authorities, etc.
• Working with all parties to ensure that contractual obligations are fulfilled on site on a day to day basis
• Hold a degree or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline, ideally you will hold a post graduate diploma in a related discipline
• Significant proven ability within the wind industry, for example having worked as a qualified wind turbine “Approved Technician” (as defined in WTSRs) with appropriate experience gained with a major player in the wind sector.
• Experience of managing a small team
• Working at heights and first aid certified (ideally still current).
• Experience of interpreting and recording SCADA data from the turbines and use the alarm logs etc. to maintain an accurate report for our clients.
• Organisation skills
Job Type: Full-time
La mission principale du Responsable d’Exploitation-Support Clients Contrats et Assurances est de s’assurer qu’un service de qualité est constamment offert aux clients selon les prescriptions des contrats engageant l’entreprise.
Le Responsable d’Exploitation-Support Clients Contrats et Assurances intervient sur les missions suivantes :
Bac+5, double diplôme ingénierie/assurances, ingénierie/Management des risques, ingénierie/juridique
Une expérience sur des problématiques similaires est nécessaire.